Do you have an “Un-Do List”? If you don’t, I suggest you make one. I sat down yesterday with my cup of morning coffee and a pen. I listed all the things that I need to let go of and things that I need to just stop doing. It was freeing to me as I started to list things that cause me to worry, over analyze, and steal my joy.
Here is a small snippet of my “Un-Do List”.
Things I want to Stop Doing
- Worrying about what others think about me? Instead, focus on what God says about me.
- Procrastination – Putting off things that I can do right away. I tend to do this with laundry. It’s not my favorite task to do.
- Checking my phone too often – I want to be more present with my friends and family.
- Worrying about things that are out of my control – The Bible tells us to be anxious for nothing. In Philippians 4:6-7 it says, “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Listening to others who don’t know me – Opinions
Ephesians 2:10 – “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
What things would be on your “Un-Do List”?